• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Assistance please

Just bought my daughter a Desire S that is locked to T-Mo and once received will unlock it to all networks.

After this it my intention to unlock the bootloader with S-Off but before doing so, should I debrand it to an earlier unlocked RUU or is it not necessary as unlocking the bootloader and installing a custom rom will remove it all anyway.

Sorry if this seems a silly question, but thought i would throw it out there just in case.

Just bought my daughter a Desire S that is locked to T-Mo and once received will unlock it to all networks.

After this it my intention to unlock the bootloader with S-Off but before doing so, should I debrand it to an earlier unlocked RUU or is it not necessary as unlocking the bootloader and installing a custom rom will remove it all anyway.

Sorry if this seems a silly question, but thought i would throw it out there just in case.

No need to RUU

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones