• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Asteroid Smart (android Head Unit) in my Chevolet HHR

Britjoe

Lurker
Nov 9, 2014
So I was looking for another Head Unit and bought a Asteroid Smart, it was pretty much locked up tight to its own version of android and its own Market Place that basically was very limited.

So I rooted it and that was really very simple to do added some essential apps and a new Launcher and installed the play store, and though its not a power house spec wise it works well I can Run Dash Command, OSBII software, and tether my S5 for net connection.

It has 4 usb ports one for the phone/charge one for the GPS module, I put a USB hub on another port and I have the ability to plug 4 USB memory sticks etc to expand memory further. it has two inputs for Cameras via Phono and the bility to run a Usb Cam as a Dash cam that I havnt done yet.
I do run a rear view Camera and and blind spot cam cause my car is a Panel with no rear windows.
As a Whole the system is a Great Unit, and Im very pleased with how it all worked out.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones