• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help AT&T Note 3 Won't Send SMS First Thing AM After KitKat

Updated to KitKat and now my Note 3 won't send SMS via Google Hangouts first thing in the AM.

If I reboot the phone eventually it sends then all at once.

Yesterday I didn't notice Hangouts hadn't sent anything until an hour into the day.

Once I reboot the phone the messages get sent and it appears to work fine for the rest of the day.

This is the second day in a row this happened. Both times first thing in the morning.

Updated to KitKat and now my Note 3 won't send SMS via Google Hangouts first thing in the AM.

If I reboot the phone eventually it sends then all at once.

Yesterday I didn't notice Hangouts hadn't sent anything until an hour into the day.

Once I reboot the phone the messages get sent and it appears to work fine for the rest of the day.

This is the second day in a row this happened. Both times first thing in the morning.

This happened to me yesterday morning. However, I didn't get a chance to test it today as I normally tend to reboot it every morning after I wake up as it seems to then force my apps to update.

Upvote 0
I'm continuing to experience this issue. Tested again this morning and while it did send a test the Google Hangouts UI still showed the "....." indicating that it was in the process of sending. Eventually it indicated that it failed (although the text went through). When I look in the "stock" messaging app it shows a failed to send message.

Reboot of the phone and everything works just fine all day long.

There's something odd happening during the overnight that was not occurring prior to KitKat.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones