Atrix Video Conferencing over 4GSupport

1. jraz123

jraz123 Member

I looked in Fringe and oovoo but they don;t seem to work on Atrix.

Any recommendations?

Advertisement
  2. The_Knight

The_Knight Member

Try Qik... no guarantees though.
  3. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Google Talk worked on my Nokia...Nimbuzz may work as well.
  4. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

When did google talk get video on phones?
  5. colnago

6. Donatron

Donatron Well-Known Member

I installed Qik, but I haven't tried it yet. I believe I remember reading that Yahoo Messenger works.
  7. barry99705

8. Willy Willy

Willy Willy Well-Known Member

Yahoo messenger does not support ffc
  9. colnago

Google Talk video calls not supported on Google phone? Shame. Fring may work with the right client behind it (e.g. Skype). Do Skype video calls work natively?
  10. barry99705

Nope. Skype kicked Fring to the curb as well.
  11. rad204

rad204 Well-Known Member

nothing really works :(
  12. idroidberry

idroidberry Well-Known Member

i think skype bought qik...

qik works but pretty poorly...

tought to keep a connection even on wifi..

ive tried it with 2 people....one had a samsung epic and it worked fairly well...you have to try a few times to get a good link up though....and it wont stay connected for more than a few minutes at least not for me.

i also tried with a moto droid x and the person had to push the mic button everytime they wanted to talk...i had the same connection issues but way worse.

sigh....we need faster data!!!! att hurry up already or i may cancel and move to another network...i still have 28 days to decide :)
  13. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Well-Known Member

The problem is Qik most likely. It just doesn't work well on anything I've tried.
  14. lyinlake

lyinlake Active Member

Have you tried Tango?
  15. odnerd

odnerd Well-Known Member

I tried tango. Just keeps crashing. Market reviews all mention doesn't work with the atrix too...
  16. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Well-Known Member

Was going to mention that but wow even that doesn't work....whack! I bet it has something to do with it not supporting dual core
  17. AussieIndy

AussieIndy Active Member

I couldn't get Tango to work either. Just kept going back to the icon and home page when i pressed it.
  18. yulast

yulast New Member

any ideas for video chat if I have ARCHOS and my friends have windows PC? Thanks
  19. kuj

kuj Member

This is just stupid. Why would a company ship a phone that doesn't have an app that supports the front facing camera at launch? How come none of the reviews ever mentioned this? Yeah, you can get Qik but it only works with other Qik users. It's just the same as Apple releasing FaceTime that only works with other FaceTime users.
  20. Tackleberry78

Tackleberry78 Member

I think the bigger question is why in the heck does skype not have video chat for android yet????
  21. barry99705

Easy answer. Money.
  22. aztooh

aztooh Well-Known Member

It does on the IP4. Very disappointed the Atrix version does not do the same.

I've used Qik, from my Atrix to an Evo, and it worked just fine. As far as Tango, I believe there is a whole thread addressing it and the makers of the app are working on it.
  23. jayvin

jayvin New Member

Are they ever going to fix this problem with the Atrix by not video chatting????
  24. barry99705

That's a question for the chat developers...
  25. allambition

allambition Well-Known Member

Sounds like another case of the hardware being ahead of the software. It would be nice to have some coordination on it but its difficult to do. Its strange that Skype wouldn't be all over this but the Skype app kinda sucks on Android still. I was getting a call yesterday and couldn't answer it. I had to close the app, open it again, and call the person back otherwise it didn't work. Damn you Skype!