• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

att grandfather plan with captivate

Hi to everyone on the forum. I own a att grandfather phone plan from back in 2004. Right now I am using a lg shine with a $30 unlimited text for the family and $10 family unlimited data for the dumb/regular phones. I want to get a used captivate phone from ebay or craigslist, but will I still be able to use the $10 data plan with the captivate or will they change it to the $15 a month?

Edit: I forgot to mention the texting and data plan was added seperately. It was just added in late 2009.

Your mileage may vary greatly, but with the X10 I had for 29 days and Dell Streak I have now had for 10 days, I use virtually nothing in regards to data since I spend 99% of my time on Wifi. Between the 2 of them in 39 days I used a total of 3MB of the 200MB limit.

I also came from a Blackberry unlimited plan, which I was offered to grandfather in. I kept it for my X10 because I was nervous about the usage, but I switched to the $15 plan for the Steak, because I realized I didn't need to unlimited plan anymore.

Upvote 0
Your mileage may vary greatly, but with the X10 I had for 29 days and Dell Streak I have now had for 10 days, I use virtually nothing in regards to data since I spend 99% of my time on Wifi. Between the 2 of them in 39 days I used a total of 3MB of the 200MB limit.

I also came from a Blackberry unlimited plan, which I was offered to grandfather in. I kept it for my X10 because I was nervous about the usage, but I switched to the $15 plan for the Steak, because I realized I didn't need to unlimited plan anymore.

I was in the same boat but now that I have the Nexus S on AT&T between the 99% wifi I use and only edge they lowered my plan to the 10 unlimited edge data! SCORE!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones