• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Attention justjimjpc

That depends on your definition of 'legit'.

It's a build I made using JF's build environment with the old superuser whitelist app instead of the new one, as I don't really care for the new one (I've had more problems than it's been worth).

very cool. Thanks for the work. I'm excited because I now know how to use JF Updater and am curious why the updater has not showed the 1.5 builld. The ease of install is what attracts me to the JF release. What could be the differences between your release and a JF release?

Upvote 0
very cool. Thanks for the work. I'm excited because I now know how to use JF Updater and am curious why the updater has not showed the 1.5 builld. The ease of install is what attracts me to the JF release. What could be the differences between your release and a JF release?

The only difference whatsoever is the superuser whitelist.

Are you saying not to use the one in his signature??

You don't have to use it if you don't want to. As noted above, the only difference is the su whitelist. I had issues getting some root-only apps working on JF's 1.5 which includes the new su whitelist, so I used his build environment to make one exactly the same, the only change being the old, working su whitelist.

Upvote 0
I will vouch for the quality of devolio's build as I am running it. Like he said, the only difference is the superuser whitelist.

Agreed I too am using Devolio's build it's solid and as he said only change is the su / whitelist which IMO works better than the new one in the regular jf build... you can get any cupcake build from here: Cupcake Downloads

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones