• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Audio quality?

I just received a BCK-08 stereo bluetooth headphone adapter in the mail yesterday...bought it on eBay last week for 10 bucks and free shipping! I tried this unit out for a couple hours on my Dream using my SuperFi 5 EB ear buds that I normally only use with my 8 gig Sony Walkman. The audio quality from my Dream over bluetooth through the BCK-08 is very good IMHO and really is lots better than I expected. It's maybe not as punchy on the lows as my Walkman but then again my Walkman is a purpose built gadget with a customizable EQ. The dream produces lots more volume than my Walkman and the sound was clean all the way up to it's max. I'm not one that likes to make my ears bleed so at volume levels comparable to what I set the Walkman at it was an enjoyable rock and roll listening experience.

I rate the overall audio quality of the G1\Dream an 8 out of 10 using the above mentioned equipment :cool:

Upvote 0
Well, yeah, that's exactly what I'm asking. I wanted to get others' experiences before I spent the cash on the adapter, and before my 14-day return period ran out.

Thanks! I'll order an adapter tomorrow and see what happens. I suspected the included earbuds just sucked, but I wasn't positive.
I wrote this for the Howard Forums a couple of weeks ago.

I now have enough experience with the MT3G as an audio player. I expect the sound coming out of the typical headphones (like the one that comes with the unit) to be near miserable. Even better headphones will provide barely acceptable sound.

With the headphones I use, either the Koss PortaPro or the Koss KSC75 (both of which feature the same drivers), the sound is close to excellent... but these headphones are right at the top of the "mobile" units in spite of their low price. I have not tested the expensive over-the-ear, reference-type units

With my Koss units, I'm quite impressed by the high and, specially, the mid ranges. The sound is crystal clear and "airy". I think the player may inject a tiny amount of reverb that gives the music space and definition.

The low frequencies, however, are sorely lacking. With my Koss units, that deliver the best bass of any such units, the sound is acceptable... but no more.

We need an audio player with equalization. If I had equalization available, I would simply boost the low frequencies only, and leave everything else the same... as long as I use the Koss headphones. I think the sound would then be terrific. Other headphones would benefit from equalization even more.

So... does anybody know of an audio player with equalization?

George

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones