• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth in-car audio

E21Ross

Lurker
Mar 10, 2011
Bluetooth-streamed audio to my car is quieter than the factory audio and the sound is less "bassy". If I listen to the factory audio, such as the FM radio, the sound quality is a bit better and a fair bit louder (for a given volume setting) than if I stream music (through Musicolet).

I have tried the developer options RE bluetooth audio but it made no difference. I don't think it is the car set up, but who knows!? For reference, the car is a Lexus LS460 and I'm streaming it to a GROM VLine unit, which is not factory fit, although I don't think it's that that is quiet, because other sounds (e.g. system sounds) appear loud.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks in advance.

I've experienced the same issue.
Unfortunately I do not believe there is a fix for this problem.
Now, there are music player apps that can tailor your sound with equalization, volume gain, reverb, etc. But that only works for music stored on the device. But to change the volume on streaming like iHeartradio, you're at the mercy of the streaming output....

Upvote 0
Cool. I had to ask because my wife was wondering why the audio from her Pixel 4a sounded so flat in her car... and it was because it was at like a quarter volume.

You might try the Wavelet app to adjust the EQ a bit and see if that helps:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pittvandewitt.wavelet
(That will work across most/all media apps, streaming or local.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones