• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Auto screen rotate not working

Sam000

Jul 1, 2012
When i go into my photo gallery and turn the phone horizontal the photo does not rotate. I have to click on the rotate icon in the top right hand corner. It works in Youtube and on webpages but not photos. Tired calibrating still same problem. Screen rotation option is defanilty on. Any ideas

I have the same problem OP. It was working fine but this morning it stopped rotating in gallery when I tilt the phone. Tilt still works when taking a picture and everywhere else.

If I manually rotate the image it fills the screen but scrolling is then top to bottom and I have to manually do it for each image, plus when transferring to desktop images are sideways.

Update* I fixed it. I had screen rotation turned on in the deep settings menu, but that quick bar settings you see when you swipe down, rotation was turned off there. The funny thing is that rotation still worked in most places, just not in gallery and web browser.

Upvote 0
It turns out that with the Australian version S4 this feature has been turned off intentionally because of the Apple law suit. I have checked with 3 others of my friends and all the same, cannot rotate picture gallery but everywhere else you can. Also for those interested the Australian version does not allow you to move the home icons at the bottom of the Page they are locked . I have installed a launcher to overcome this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones