• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Auto sync gone haywire

wturri78

Lurker
Aug 22, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I have the HTC Incredible (Verizon) and things have been great for several months, but recently the automatic sync (to gmail and outlook) has started running almost constantly...I see the little circular arrow icon basically flickering at the top of the screen, and it kills the battery. I believe the settings are set to push , i.e. automatically retrieve when there's something there, or send when I've put something into the outbox. I didn't explicitly change any settings, and this just kind of started happening on its own--killing the apps, restarting the phone, etc. hasn't worked.

Right now I've disabled the automatic sync and am doing it manually, which is OK for receiving, but I almost always forget to sync after I've sent, meaning it sits around on the phone's outbox until the next time I check mail.

Thanks! Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones