1. Good things coming in just a couple hours, stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

Automatic update apps not automatically updating?

Last Updated:

1. blewis1984

blewis1984 New Member

Is this a known problem?

I have automatic updates checked on all of my apps, but I still have to go in and manually check for/download updates.

Is there a fix for this?

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Which apps? I don't see the option to automatically update on any apps...?
  3. s_special

s_special Well-Known Member

in the market you can set individual apps to automatically update . Mine do it fine but are always some that need manual update
  4. blewis1984

blewis1984 New Member

I see that some have to be done manually, but even the ones that are suppose to do it on their own, don't. I have to still open the market and check for updates myself.
  5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Yea, I think its a known issue. My stuff never updates until I open the market. Its wonky. Nothing you can really do about it sadly, just live and let live.
  6. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

They don't update as soon as the update is available, it waits for a certain time then does them.

Guess it's a battery saver.
  7. TonyG

TonyG Well-Known Member

[repeat]
  8. TonyG

TonyG Well-Known Member

I believe the update process is poorly designed; too many apps are trying to update simultaneously--and the process just hangs... I have to cancel the updates and repeat the process one by one. Moto Droid Original.

--tonyg
  9. DavidWSnow

DavidWSnow Member

I use AppBrain for Updates. It takes a snapshot of the apps in the phone and compares this with the apps in the Android Market. It will automatically sync by hour, day, week or when you click on "manual". I chose manual since when I was working on the phone I wanted it often for new apps I was selecting via the web, and also I didn't want the phone deciding that the time to sync and upgrade was when I needed the phone or was driving etc.