• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Avail 2] [ROM]CyanogenMod 11 Port For ZTE Z992 (Beta)

data/cell might be the RIL, and the wifi could be the kernel module unless you are using the boot.img from the original sony rom, if you didnt replace the zimage you have the wrong kernel but i would assume it wouldnt boot with the wrong kernel, so im gonna say you need to swap out the wlan.ko file for the version in stock and hopefully it should kick in. its in /system/lib/modules/

Upvote 0
Any update on the rom? For me, itll flash but it wont boot into cyanogenmod. When i boot up the phone, its either a constant boot loop, or itll boot up into the stock rom saying "Android is Upgrading". When "Android is Upgrading", it loads a whole bunch of cyanogenmod apps but then it a whole bunch of anr's show up. I hope you are still working on this rom because this stock rom is garbage.

Upvote 0
Any update on the rom? For me, itll flash but it wont boot into cyanogenmod. When i boot up the phone, its either a constant boot loop, or itll boot up into the stock rom saying "Android is Upgrading". When "Android is Upgrading", it loads a whole bunch of cyanogenmod apps but then it a whole bunch of anr's show up. I hope you are still working on this rom because this stock rom is garbage.

There's another thread with a working cm11

Upvote 0
How do you flash gapps? I've tried, and tried to flash it but it will not install. It keeps giving me a Status 7.

So far, the only way I can flash it is:

1. Flash the Azazel ROM
2. Flash the CM11 ROM
3. Flash gapps (errors out with Status 7)

I can just do step 1 and 2, but all I get is the Cyanogenmod screen. That's it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones