• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Avail] Wi-Fi has stopped working--obtaining ip address loop

stayboogy

Android Expert
Jun 15, 2012
i am stuck in a "obtaining IP address" loop

was working just fine until i did a rom dump earlier (and i did enable and disable the wifi before i did this)

i have done a battery pull

disable and enable wifi

disable 3g and tried again

forgotten all wifi settings and tried again

have done a master reset even

router reset too

no luck

anyone got any ideas of how to fix this???

really pissing me off right now... and straight talk is no help, they have no technical support worth a penny. already been through all their steps which are all the ones above.

there is no usa number for zte technical support that works

please help me

the only problem with this is that i'm not always using a connection where i can use a proper static ip...

what if i want to use an open connection???

seems like Google needs to fix this issue because it's a standard problem with every android machine...

and aside from that, there is no reason i should have to use static ip because it was connecting just fine without it just before rooting and right after rooting. up until yesterday after doing a rom dump.

so ridiculous...

Upvote 0
  • change the DHCP client lease time setting to 2880 minutes (2 days - or anything other than the default 1 day lease)
  • save the changes then reboot the router
  • reboot all dhcp clients

My ZTE Avail went from disconnecting almost every minute to ZERO connection issues with this tweak!

:smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
  • change the DHCP client lease time setting to 2880 minutes (2 days - or anything other than the default 1 day lease)
  • save the changes then reboot the router
  • reboot all dhcp clients

My ZTE Avail went from disconnecting almost every minute to ZERO connection issues with this tweak!

:smokingsomb:

that doesn't work for me at all. same issue exists regardless of the dhcp setting in the router.

but that doesn't do me any good for open networks or other people's networks when i'm not at my home location...

this is a ridiculous android bug!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones