• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

shawn1224

Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation
Dec 10, 2009
Houston, TX
Why when I try to upload an avatar from photobucket/imageshack it says "Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file". The size of the file is only 18kb. I even downgraded it to 4kb and it's still doing the same thing.

If I try to upload directly from my computer it knocks it down to 80x80 yet the file size is still smaller than the prerequisite 19.5kb and the funny thing is I see people with larger and bigger avatars than mine.

Here it is

MT3100.png

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/jaytrajik/MT3100.png

Upvote 0
I'm having this problem too! I thought I had successfully added an avatar, and subsequently lost it, but it turns out I added a profile picture.

I have tried repeatedly to add a .jpg - I re-sized it (kb and pixel) and kept getting a file upload error. I tried linking to the image on photobucket several different ways but kept getting error messages. I had zero problems with the profile picture - and it re-sized automatically!

Can someone help? Ideally, if someone could add the attached file to my avatar, I wouldn't be "faceless" anymore!

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• zebra.jpg
    zebra.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 40
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones