Back light time during callSupport

Last Updated:

1. Droidable

Droidable Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I looked and cant find any way to make the backlight stay on for more than 3 seconds after i take the phone away from my head during a call. Even if im typing in info paying a bill it still goes out. Is there any way to change this or is it a problem with my phone?

Advertisement
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Odd indeed. Normally, the phone turns the screen off when the proximity sensor thinks you are holding it to your ear/face. But you say when you pull away it still shuts off within 3 seconds, hmmmm, yeah I didnt see anything in the Menu Settings to tweak it.
    You arent somehow blocking the proximity sensor are you?

3. Droidable

Nope. All I was doing was typing in numbers. I tried it a few times just to be sure

4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

I do know the screen shuts off when in BT mode even if your display time out is really long but I know you werent using a BT. Damn now Im trying to figure this out myself and is where this can be changed if at all

5. Droidable

Now its not doing it today! I didn't turn off or reset the phone either. I dunno?

6. saps

saps Well-Known Member

:confused:Whatever works :D

7. Veez

Veez Well-Known Member

i had the same exact thing today while driving..took a call..took my phone away from my ear to turn speakerphone on..and the phone was lite for about a second and then went blank..pressed the power button and it would flash on for a half second then go off again...soooo frustrating..finally after 10 seconds it turned on

8. spinnum

spinnum Active Member

This was happening to me to after the most recent update. After I did a complete power down and restart it worked fine. I can't recall if I had rebooted since the update or not, the problem has not returned and it has been 3-4 days.