• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Back light time during call

Droidable

May 2, 2010
I looked and cant find any way to make the backlight stay on for more than 3 seconds after i take the phone away from my head during a call. Even if im typing in info paying a bill it still goes out. Is there any way to change this or is it a problem with my phone?

I looked and cant find any way to make the backlight stay on for more than 3 seconds after i take the phone away from my head during a call. Even if im typing in info paying a bill it still goes out. Is there any way to change this or is it a problem with my phone?
Odd indeed. Normally, the phone turns the screen off when the proximity sensor thinks you are holding it to your ear/face. But you say when you pull away it still shuts off within 3 seconds, hmmmm, yeah I didnt see anything in the Menu Settings to tweak it.
You arent somehow blocking the proximity sensor are you?

Upvote 0
i had the same exact thing today while driving..took a call..took my phone away from my ear to turn speakerphone on..and the phone was lite for about a second and then went blank..pressed the power button and it would flash on for a half second then go off again...soooo frustrating..finally after 10 seconds it turned on

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones