• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Back to 1.5 Please help!

reklame

Lurker
Mar 25, 2010
Hi guys.

I updated my galaxy spica firmware to Android 2.1 using Odin. (I don't remeber witch guide i used, but it was with "all-in-one-file")

I'm really not happy with the update, becourse i can'r recive MMS, and becourse i liked Android 1.5 better.

How do i get the old Android 1.5 version back? Where do i find the exact same firmware as i had?

If i find an official firmware, is the guarantee still broken?

My spica:
i570EXXJC1
2.6.29 root@SE-S611 #2
ECLAIR-XXJCB
2.1 -update1

Hi guys.

I updated my galaxy spica firmware to Android 2.1 using Odin. (I don't remeber witch guide i used, but it was with "all-in-one-file")

I'm really not happy with the update, becourse i can'r recive MMS, and becourse i liked Android 1.5 better.

How do i get the old Android 1.5 version back? Where do i find the exact same firmware as i had?

If i find an official firmware, is the guarantee still broken?

My spica:
i570EXXJC1
2.6.29 root@SE-S611 #2
ECLAIR-XXJCB
2.1 -update1

First, with your situation regarding MMS, it is perhaps because you haven't restored the appropriate APN files that you need to use MMS with your provider? MMS and data both require appropriate APN records for you to use, otherwise it will not know how to connect. Sometimes you can have an APN record for both, and sometimes they are separate.

Yes, you can go back to 1.5 but I am unaware which firmware will set you back to 1.5, so I will let someone else chime in on it.

As for your warranty, technically the moment you flashed anything onto your phone you had voided your warranty. That being said, if you can at least flash your phone back into the state it was before you did anything to it, then I suppose they might not be able to detect that anything was done to the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones