• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Back up Skype Mobile conversations?

*sigh* I have been trying to find a solution to this for hours, now I realize I cannot figure this out on my own and I must ask for help. I am looking for a way to backup my conversations on Skype mobile. It seems if I login on both my computer and my phone at the same time, I can get some messages to sync, but not all.

I have tried to find a way to copy and paste but the only way I've found is every single message, one at a time. I have also tried to find a way to browse for the files on my phone and find them, save them, and put them on my computer.

My phone is a Samsung Intercept, and this particular phone has a problem with being connected to a pc - I always get the error "USB device not recognized" and I have found a million different suggested solutions for this online. I used to be able to do it, back when I needed to, but I forgot how I did it.

I use some Z4 root app to "temporarily root" my phone whenever I need to tether, clean out all the cache, whatever. I did the temporary root and downloaded ES File Explorer File Manager thinking this would allow me to browse into the hidden files to find the Skype conversations, but no, I see nothing different than when I use the "My Files" thing that came with the phone.

So I need help :( How can I backup my Skype conversations? My best idea was to browse for the files but I don't really know how to do that and I can't connect my phone to my computer, which from what I have read, seems to be necessary...Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones