• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Backing-up pictures/videos

tommy_1

Lurker
Jul 2, 2010
Hi,

i'm new to the forum and am after some advice. I have already backed up my contacts and sms to my gmail account.

I don't know where pictures/videos on my phone are saved- are these saved to the phone or sd card? What is the best way of backing pics/videos?

I received a message to update but selected 'later', after i have backed up where can i find this update?

Thanks

Pictures, videos and music are all stored on your SD card. Pictures will mostly likely be in a folder 'DCIM' - or something equally vague. Music and videos will be in folders with names like 'music' and 'video'. The easiest way to back up your SD card is to simply mount your phone to you computer as a hard drive and copy (copy, not move) the contents of the SD card to your computer's hard drive.

The update you passed on can be found in the Market. Open the Market and then go to your 'downloads'. The app(s) with updates available will be at the top of the list.

Upvote 0
Pictures, videos and music are all stored on your SD card. Pictures will mostly likely be in a folder 'DCIM' - or something equally vague. Music and videos will be in folders with names like 'music' and 'video'. The easiest way to back up your SD card is to simply mount your phone to you computer as a hard drive and copy (copy, not move) the contents of the SD card to your computer's hard drive.

The update you passed on can be found in the Market. Open the Market and then go to your 'downloads'. The app(s) with updates available will be at the top of the list.

The update he's most likely referring to is an android software update (not app update)

On my EVO it is "settings, system updates, HTC Software update"

Not 100% sure where it is on a phone without Sense UI

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones