• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bad news

Im on the $55/mo plan, I've been a MetroPCS customer for 9 years so my unlimited data plan includes unlimited everything and tethering.. I'm not required to upgrade (yet). I called them about the throttling issue and how it took ten frickin minutes to update Netflix. They got a supervisor on the line and told me that there's no way it should take that long and would look into it. They got back on the line and said they were going to start my service over from scratch. Since I've noticed much improvement over the last few days and nights especially nights because that's when it would really slow down. We'll see how long it lasts...

Upvote 0
I had this issue after downloading around 200 Gigs total on my phone (was stuck around 320 KB). I went the old fashioned route of getting a deodexed rom and editing my services.jar. First I fixed 3 typo's I found (done on purpose by metro/LG? or google who knows) then I removed one other line from another function. I have yet to been throttled since doing so and this is another 40 gigs later....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones