• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

snsethy

Feb 11, 2011
Does anyone know what could cause the screen to go dim on one side and have bright bars on the other? There's been no water damage, but the light sensor has been going crazy and the buttons and screen have been strobe-ish at night. I'm getting a replacement but just want to make sure that they won't say it's been damaged (never dropped, and the indicators aren't activated.)

Thanks!

Yeah, it's never been dropped, especially not since I was using it in bed last night and it stayed there all night. However, it looks like the white line on the right might be the backlight? I'm not sure if that's where it's supposed to be or not. I also don't know what that would have to do with the light sensor not working and the buttons flashing non-stop while the phone is on. Or why this would have happened a few times before and only when it's in a pitch black room.

I dunno, the only only damage to the case are a few scratches in the oxidation (tiny specks) from keys and the water indicator is perfect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones