Banish Facebook once and for all??

Last Updated:

1. goldrush28

goldrush28 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

O.K., I closed my Facebook account. Is there a way I can get rid of it on my Droid. Every morning I get a message that the Facebook validation failed. Any ideas/ Thanks in advance, you guys (and girls) always seem to help me out.

Advertisement
  2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Did you sign out of the app on your phone? Go into the app, menu, logout. That should prevent it from trying to sign in all the time.

3. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Uninstall the FB app?

4. goldrush28

Thanks for the quick replies. First of all I'm not rooted. When I click on the Facebook icon it asks me to either login or sign up. I closed my Facebook account and don't want to sign up again. Without doing that it doesn't let me do what you suggested. Any other ideas?

5. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Android Settings, Applications, Manage

Find FB and hit the uninstall button.

Root not required.

6. goldrush28

I did settings>applications and found facebook- It let me force stop and clear data. The uninstall block was not lit, therefore not accessible. Maybe the force stop and clear data moves will solve the problem. I'll know in the morning. Thanks again for the help.

7. Dog1

Dog1 Member

I'm not rooted and it will not let you uninstall the FB app. I would like to delete it and the twitter crap.

I don't like not having the choice to uninstalled apps I don't want.

8. goldrush28

It really doesn't bother me that they're there. I just don't want a daily reminder to sign in or sign up. Hopefully the suggestions work. I'll let you know.

9. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Sounds like your FB apk is under /system, so root will be needed to remove it (same with twitter).

Time to root? ;)

10. goldrush28

Well, nothing I tried worked. Woke up to another alert that the Facebook validation failed. Unless anyone has another idea, I guess I either have to re-sign up or root my phone and go into systems to eliminate it altogether. Verrrry annoying! Thanks to all those that tried to help.

11. Danielson2047

Danielson2047 Well-Known Member

12. RTAdams89

RTAdams89 Well-Known Member

IF you look under settings -> accounts you'll see your facebook account listed there (along with your google account). Delete it, and you won't have any more errors about authentication.

jonathansullivan likes this.
  13. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

It's Facebook's way of trying to take over the world!!! First they start by getting the big companies to include it in their ROM's without the option to uninstall. Then they make it bug the crap out of you until you sign up for an account.

Next they will attempt to force it on your car's computer, then they will infiltrate the government systems, and finally, they will destroy Bill Gates and Steve Jobs!!!!

Ok, enough of the smart-ass in me. If none of the suggestions work, try just creating a dummy account (name of woohoo or something like that) and then just turn off all facebook notifications.

Kratos

14. goldrush28

Thanks, I'll try TR's suggestion. I'll find out tomorrow morning if that worked. If not I'll give the dummy account idea a try. Getting close to rooting but not that tech savvy and I keep reading the horror stories.

15. GideonX

GideonX Guest

That should work as well if you don't want to go the rooted route.

16. mockeh

mockeh New Member

Log onto your Facebook account and remove authentication to all applications and devices in your privacy settings.