• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help battery charging question

iBleedBlackNgold

Android Enthusiast
May 21, 2010
generally if I'm near my phone while charging & see the light is blue I unplug the charger and then re insert it ... just to hopefully ensure I "top it off" .. well out of curiousity I check actual level 2day can't get past 97% and tried that method 5 times. the meter up top is full, the blue light is on but per *#info*1111# I'm at 97% .. first 2 times it would shut off charging at 96%, next 3 got it 1% higher. while 3% won't kill me I'd sure like it. any thoughts ? I'm finally experiencing slight issues with battery life which is why I checked in first place. if it is maybe a battery issue its no thing as sprint gave me 2 free extras but im going to check them. any 1 else having issues getting to 100 ? I also can't believe how seriously inaccurate the battery meter in the notification bar is.

generally if I'm near my phone while charging & see the light is blue I unplug the charger and then re insert it ... just to hopefully ensure I "top it off" .. well out of curiousity I check actual level 2day can't get past 97% and tried that method 5 times. the meter up top is full, the blue light is on but per *#info*1111# I'm at 97% .. first 2 times it would shut off charging at 96%, next 3 got it 1% higher. while 3% won't kill me I'd sure like it. any thoughts ? I'm finally experiencing slight issues with battery life which is why I checked in first place. if it is maybe a battery issue its no thing as sprint gave me 2 free extras but im going to check them. any 1 else having issues getting to 100 ? I also can't believe how seriously inaccurate the battery meter in the notification bar is.

I actually have this same problem. I get anywhere between 96-98% when the blue notification comes on. Sometimes, I get it up to 100%, but as soon as I unplug it, it drops immediately to the 96-98%. I have tried many times to plug it in again to try to get it to the 100% mark, but fail miserably. Is this a problem for all Epics? I was going to post something about this, but I complain about way too much about little stuff and I do love my phone (I promise). Just curious about all these little issues that I notice once in a while...

Upvote 0
I've just noticed this problem. It beeped saying I'm fully charged, but my widget is at 97% when I unplug it. and it seems to be rapidly dropping all of a sudden. I usually charge before going to bed, and by morning I may be at 90~95%. This morning I was at 70%, and that's from the phone just sitting there.

i'm suddenly not in love with the phone anymore, and will be making my first trip to best buy and/or sprint.

it's down to 90% and I unplugged it about 15 minutes ago......

Upvote 0
I was just going to post a new thread about this and saw it here. Yes I have the same problem the full charge indicator goes off, but I'm always capped at 94-96%. Even if I unplug and replug, it never seems to go over 96%.

I have seen the indicator at MAX, but after a few minutes it drops to 96%.

My battery life is pretty good, I can at least get 24 hours and still have ~20-25% remaining. I've gotten up to 50 hours with minimal usage, few texts, email, always wifi on, and short phone calls before. Pretty good IMO.

Upvote 0
I've enjoyed my phone much more since I removed all the things that would tell me actual %. I was getting kind of OCD on checking and probably using more battery checking the battery % than actually using the phone. I just use the stock battery bar which will stay at full blue from about 6:00am to 3:00pm on an average day. I'm happy with that. Might want to give it a try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones