• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery drain 80% over night!

Goketh

Lurker
Mar 16, 2014
Hello

I charged my phone last night and used about 15% before i went to sleep. It was 85% when i put my phone down. This morning i woke up by my phone beeping to almoast being out of battery at 5%!

I checked the battery logs and i had no apps on that seemed to drain it.

The curve on the battery screen is so steep it seems i have been watching movies on it all night long!

The only thing that stood out was that my gps was on. Which it isn't. All location services where off when i double checked. I have looked everywhere but i cannot find anything where the GPS or location services is ticked to be on. But apparantly it have been on all night?

No google apps where on, no syncing. The only thing that was on when i was sleeping was wifi.

I noticed a change in the battery life a few days ago but this night was the extreme one.

Any clues as to what on earth is happening with it?

I've rebooted but it still says the gps is on :/

Try "GSam Battery Monitor" and "Wakelock Detector" to help identify what is draining the battery. Both are in the Play Store. Also pull the battery and restart the phone. Please let us know the results.... [The home screen of GSam Battery Monitor will give an overview, and then click on the 'vacuum cleaner' icon at the bottom of the apps home page to see which apps are consuming the mast juice.]

Upvote 0
"Wakelock Detector-Save Battery" by UZUMAPPS is OK in non-rooted phones - I have it installed on my non-rooted phone. 'Wakelock TERMINATOR" is for rooted phones.

have you seen the description of WLD by UZUMAPPS??

Due to some permission changes made by Google in Android version KitKat this app needs ROOT access to work properly.

before kitkat, my WLD was working properly... after the upgrade, it OPENS still but it does not show the wakelocks listing anymore.. in short it does not work

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones