• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery drain Problem

Welcome to Android Forums. If you tell us the name of your carrier we can move your question to the forum dedicated to your phone.

If you are running Jelly Bean I suggest that you try running in safe mode (disabling all apps you installed without uninstalling them). If the rapid drain stops then you know it is one of the aps you added.

On a Droid Bionic under Jelly Bean I found that anything using GPS was eating the battery and the only work-around was to disable GPS unless I REALLY needed to use it.

... Thom

Upvote 0
Oh my screen brightness is all the way up to Low. Yes, I'm running Jelly Bean 4.1.2 and yesterday i just did a factory reset so i don't have any apps in it right now but the battery is still getting drained. Like i told you before it shows me that my screen is taking 60-65% of the battery.

Upvote 0
If the software options above don't help try a new battery.They do fail and sometimes just don't hold a good charge.I bought a spare higher capacity,"Gold" battery off eBay quite cheap.This one was incorrectly badged at 2450mAh and is in reality 1500mAh but it still works well and adds a little extra life to my usage.
There seems to be some duplicity in these ratings and I'm looking at a,"Japanese" sourced one on eBay but will contact the vendor with my questions ;)

HTH :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones