• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery draining too fast since update

Babsy64

Lurker
Sep 27, 2016
I updated my phone 10 days ago, and now the battery loses its charge within 2-3 hours after disconnect. I have not changed my daily usage of it, still keep the same apps open, etc, and before the update it took roughly 7-8 hours to get down to 20%, now, not even close. I use my phone alot, reading on my kindle app, even play a game or 2, and it didn't drain this fast before. I've checked my battery usage, and it shows nothing that would cause this. Any suggestions?

I updated my phone 10 days ago, and now the battery loses its charge within 2-3 hours after disconnect. I have not changed my daily usage of it, still keep the same apps open, etc, and before the update it took roughly 7-8 hours to get down to 20%, now, not even close. I use my phone alot, reading on my kindle app, even play a game or 2, and it didn't drain this fast before. I've checked my battery usage, and it shows nothing that would cause this. Any suggestions?

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Babsy64!

It is quite common after an update, for a battery to drain, seemingly, very quickly. The battery needs to go through 3 or 4 charge and discharge cycles to recalibrate itself sometimes. Also, detritus from the previous firmware can cause issues after the update and the phone's cache partition should be wiped as per #1.4 of S4 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide.

Reactions: mydian
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones