• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Battery dying fast!

Ibanez540r

Jan 7, 2010
Alright, so I jumped on the forum for the first time in a month or so to see whats new, and because my battery life has suddenly went way bad and hoping to find a fix. Well, as I'm scanning various threads, I've noticed many people experiencing the same problem. For me nothing new from the market, nothing out of the ordinary. Running adamz 6.0 for quite some time and has always been great.

WTF is going on!?

This is ridiculous, I use to be able to get a day easily out of my phone, now I'm completly dead and shutting off in 8-10 hours with light use. !?? It was seriously like night and day sometime in the past week or so..

Starting this thread to try and exclusively get a reason and fix..

Apparently people have narrowed down the crappy battery life to an unexpected OTA that is sized at 64..69mbs.. and apparently, the thought is that if your ROM says anything other than 2.1, it is trying to update it to that, over and over and over again..thus draining your battery. That or.. if you dont have SPRecovery, itll do the same as in trying to install the update over n over n over again. No one knows for sure whats going on, but detective work is in progress.. so far I believe that I am one of the few who have posted anything in the likes of 'no battery issues with me!'

Upvote 0
via Fab on the NexBeast thread:
-If you get prompted about an OTA update, flash SPRecovery (if you don't have it), and accept. SPRecovery will block the update, and then you will never be bothered again (can flash back Clockwork after)

This is of course after you have installed the OTA Certs.
I have not had a problem yet.

edit - somewhere in that thread he says that clockwork "may" block it as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones