• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Battery getting spanked by new ROM...

turbohobbit

Android Enthusiast
Aug 2, 2010
England
I have been running LeeDroid 2.2f with 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27 radio on my Desire and I've been getting great battery life from my phone. I overclocked to 1190 using Smartass and set screen-off and battery <15% profiles to 245 min/max using Powersave, and I was down to about 45% after a day of "normal" use (15.5hrs give or take). However, since moving over to DeFroST 6.1 I've been lucky to get 12hrs out of my battery. The only changes I have made are to overclock using "performance" on SetCPU instead of "Smartass" but only because Smartass doesn't exist on DeFroST, and to use LauncherPro instead of Sense. Everything else is the same.

The only other thing I have changed is I installed AlphaRev S-Off just before flashing the new ROM, although I don't see how changing the H-Boot should affect the battery.

For info, When I say "normal use", I mean:

- 5-10 txts
- 15-20 mins voice call use
- checking Twitter and Facebook a few of times using H / 3G
- 1-2 hrs music played via PowerAMP or podcasts played via DoggCatcher
- Wifi on / mobile internet off when at home (abt 4.5 hrs)
- Mobile internet on / wifi off when away from home (11 hrs)
- GPS always on
- Automatic syncing
- Largely GRPS signal at work (8.5 hrs)
- 2.5 - 3 hrs travelling)

Now I know automatic syncing and having GPS always on will affect the battery, but don't forget that this has been the same for both ROMs, this isn't something I've just started doing.

I'm going to let the new ROM bed in for a week or two before I start considering flashing a new radio, but I was just wonder if anyone else had noticed this problem too.

its performance that is killing it mate
this is running the cpu at full pelt regardless of whether its being used or not
use ondemand or interactive for better performance.

im pretty sure the latest defrost has smartass
I installed it today to steal a few kernels to test with miui (same base) and the default had smartass, the 1113 cfs havs kernal has smartass and the 1190 kernel had smartass.

however they dont perform as quick as the stock miui kernel

basically i dont know why you cannot see smartass
dont use performance if you value your battery life, it drains it faster than a cows milking machine

Reactions: turbohobbit
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones