• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery indicator falsely displaying empty

exzachtly1

Feb 7, 2010
This has only happened once to me, but i find it rather strange. I've had my droid for about a month now and with normal usage by the end of the work day (starting the day with a full charge) I typically have only depleted around 1/4 of my battery life.

Just now at only 2:30 or so, part way through the day, I noticed that my droid battery was almost empty and i had the "please plug in" message. Seemed suspicious, so I checked to make sure no battery hogging processes were running and everything looked normal.

On a whim, I restarted the phone. Upon booting back up the battery meter is displaying that it is FULL.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Is this just a glitch or is it something to be concerned about?

I've noticed some oddities with the battery too. I've had times when it would turn off, without a message, and not turn back on until plugged in. I've also unplugged it in the morning, after being plugged up all night, and found the battery dead. Initially, my battery wouldn't last all day, but, now it will almost last 24 hrs between charges. No rhyme or reason...

Upvote 0
My last phone used to do that, i'd unplug the phone and battery would read near empty until i restarted it. was an LG chocolate.

The last thing about the battery lasting longer makes sense though. Most portable devices I've had are that way - takes a few charging cycles before the battery will reach its full potential. Same thing with the droid. I've found that after using it for a few weeks it has great battery life.

Upvote 0
This has only happened once to me, but i find it rather strange. I've had my droid for about a month now and with normal usage by the end of the work day (starting the day with a full charge) I typically have only depleted around 1/4 of my battery life.

Just now at only 2:30 or so, part way through the day, I noticed that my droid battery was almost empty and i had the "please plug in" message. Seemed suspicious, so I checked to make sure no battery hogging processes were running and everything looked normal.

On a whim, I restarted the phone. Upon booting back up the battery meter is displaying that it is FULL.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Is this just a glitch or is it something to be concerned about?
i've had this happen a few times too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones