Battery indicator falsely displaying empty

Last Updated:

1. exzachtly1

exzachtly1 Member This Topic's Starter

This has only happened once to me, but i find it rather strange. I've had my droid for about a month now and with normal usage by the end of the work day (starting the day with a full charge) I typically have only depleted around 1/4 of my battery life.

Just now at only 2:30 or so, part way through the day, I noticed that my droid battery was almost empty and i had the "please plug in" message. Seemed suspicious, so I checked to make sure no battery hogging processes were running and everything looked normal.

On a whim, I restarted the phone. Upon booting back up the battery meter is displaying that it is FULL.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Is this just a glitch or is it something to be concerned about?

Advertisement
  2. Droidophile

Droidophile Well-Known Member

Hey there. Yessum, this seems to be a common problem with a good percentage of us folks here. A definite bug in the system. There's a post or two in the past that talk more about it. Give a forum search and see what you come up with.

Cheers

3. markathome

markathome Active Member

I've noticed some oddities with the battery too. I've had times when it would turn off, without a message, and not turn back on until plugged in. I've also unplugged it in the morning, after being plugged up all night, and found the battery dead. Initially, my battery wouldn't last all day, but, now it will almost last 24 hrs between charges. No rhyme or reason...

4. exzachtly1

exzachtly1 Member This Topic's Starter

My last phone used to do that, i'd unplug the phone and battery would read near empty until i restarted it. was an LG chocolate.

The last thing about the battery lasting longer makes sense though. Most portable devices I've had are that way - takes a few charging cycles before the battery will reach its full potential. Same thing with the droid. I've found that after using it for a few weeks it has great battery life.

5. Krugger

Krugger Well-Known Member

i've had this happen a few times too.

6. jenniek34

jenniek34 Member

I just had this happen to me today. I charged to full before going to the dentist and let my daughter play some games while she waited for me (half hour) and when she gave it back to me it said to plug it in. Ishut it off for a few seconds and when I turned it back on it was full battery. Weird.

7. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

Suggestion:

Restart the phone, and run the battery down. The phone may be estimating the battery status incorrectly. Run it down until you get the 20% warning, then restart it to make sure the warning stays present. Then plug it in and charge it.

8. joewalp

joewalp New Member

Does anyone have a workaround other than rebooting?