• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery is hemorrhaging

For the last two months or so, my phone's battery life drains away rapidly whenever the phone is powered on. Even when it's plugged in, the phone discharges faster than it charges.

Putting in a new battery does no good; the problem is the same even with a brand new battery.

I can use my phone only intermittently; I must be phoneless about half the time so I can use it the other half.

Please help.

I had a similar problem after upgrading to lollipop.. battery(s) ..I have several.. wouldnt last more than 2 hours and battery wouyld drain overnite.
I heard some where that that resetting the phone also resets the battery calibration program. Apparently the charging calibration gets out of whack and the charger shows the battery at 100% whenj perhaps it is much less.
Maybe there is another solution to resetting the battery recharge calibration but reset wasnt difficult.. just be sure toi back up contacts and other stuff .. all your apps should restore from the app store easily.
Resetting has another advantage - time to clean up unused apps and its good practice whne you finally get a new phone

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones