• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery just took a nose dive last 2 days....help

Dangerboy

May 30, 2010
I dont know what the hell is going on. The last 2 days my battery has died very fast. Normally, by lunch time (roughly 6 hours after unplugged) i'm around 65-70% with little usage, 50-55% with heavy usage. Today, with almost no usage, i'm currently at 43% with an hour to go to lunch, the phone is warm to the touch, all wireless settings are off and nothing different is running in the background.

Is my battery going out?

nothing new has changed. I just checked the battery screen and the android system is using 71% of my battery. WTF happened. Its typically only around 20%. I just finished going through the phone and all my settings have changed. Everything is syncing, including facebook and I cant figure out how everything changed. The only thing i've ever synced is gmail.

Sprint zone, sprint tv, sprint football are all running even though I never turned them on.....

Upvote 0
nothing new has changed. I just checked the battery screen and the android system is using 71% of my battery. WTF happened. Its typically only around 20%. I just finished going through the phone and all my settings have changed. Everything is syncing, including facebook and I cant figure out how everything changed. The only thing i've ever synced is gmail.

Sprint zone, sprint tv, sprint football are all running even though I never turned them on.....

Occasionally this might happen with Android. It used to happen every now and then on my Hero. Just reboot your phone. Some app is keeping it awake. Could be stuck syncing with Gmail or Facebook. could be anything really.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones