• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery life: Better since update?

Is your battery life improved after installing the update?

• Yes, my battery life is noticeably better

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • No, my battery life seems worse

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • It appears to be the same

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

ikon

Dec 30, 2009
L.A.
It's been a little over 48 hours since I installed the update and each day, with similar use as before, my battery life has been about 25% better each day so far.

e.g. Normally I would get home from work with about 50% battery life. After the update I've come home with 75% battery life each day so far.

This makes no sense. I was one of the "I have no battery issues" guys. Even with heavy usage, my battery would easily last me 22+ hours.

Since the update, I've been watching my battery drop by 1% every few minutes. Within the past hour, it's dropped almost 20% with moderate texting and occasional browsing.

Looking at my battery usages, Android System is using 49% O_O. Wtf?

This is pissing me off.

Upvote 0
For heavy use, it appears to be the same. I haven't really seen how it does in idle, as I havn't gotten the chance, but my idle battery life was very good before the update, given the right conditions. Considering the CPU optimizations 2.2 brings, I can see it being better, but not that much better.

What I will like to see is when I set juice defender on (or disable my APN entirely) and see how much battery life I can really save. If it could extend my battery life beyond 2 days, that would be impressive.

Upvote 0
I had pretty good battery life with 2.1...24-30 with moderate use I get 5 hours playing on the phone and half an hour talk and I still have 30% of battery left.

Now with 2.2 it's 12 hours of light use... play time is under 3 hours and battery is 20% left :(

This makes me very sad with Froyo. I might actually need to use the extra battery I bought with my Nexus but didn't need.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones