• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Life

- Root and kill unneeded processes like NPS dameon and debuggerd dameon see 'get more memory thread'.
- Use spareparts and 'top' in an adb shell to check what processes are keeping it awake
- Use adb logcat to monitor whats waking the phone up

You'll find 9 out of 10 times you have installed some program like an IM client thats staying alive even tho u dont see it running in the notification bar

I have background data on, 3g on, auto sync on, and get a day easily with heavy calls. So over a day is easily possible for normal users

EDIT: yeah and what rastaman said, definatly the case!!

Upvote 0
Hrm, is it really necessary to keep using ADB? Is there no terminal emulator or ssh server available for the phone its self?

Also, how does the case effect it, if the phone is in "standby". I don't really want to go without my little case, phones in my pockets always get scratched :(

Upvote 0
It pushes the camera button all the time and doesn't allow the phone to enter sleep mode. Simply, don't use it. If you are affraid you'll scratch your phone, get yourself a full body protection like Zagg Invisible Shield. But don't use the orginal pouch, it's the main reason for battery drain.

wow i had no idea! i've been getting so frustrated with my battery life because nothing seems to have been working, but i always have my phone in the case. i'm gonna have to try this out, thanks

Upvote 0
You can manually install an ssh server, but whats the point for a few tweaks? You'll have it sitting there eating cpu cycles.

What do you hate about adb exactly?!

There is a terminal emulator too if you prefer to use that, but me, i prefer using my computer to type shell commands nice and fast :)

Upvote 0
You can manually install an ssh server, but whats the point for a few tweaks? You'll have it sitting there eating cpu cycles.

What do you hate about adb exactly?!

There is a terminal emulator too if you prefer to use that, but me, i prefer using my computer to type shell commands nice and fast :)

Mostly, I just don't like the Windows Terminal :/

Upvote 0
It pushes the camera button all the time and doesn't allow the phone to enter sleep mode. Simply, don't use it. If you are affraid you'll scratch your phone, get yourself a full body protection like Zagg Invisible Shield. But don't use the orginal pouch, it's the main reason for battery drain.
Actually, if you use it for a few weeks it doesn't. Mines fine now in that regard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones