Battery life?Support

Last Updated: 2013-02-08 04:51:23
  1. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Prakhardeep, what's your screen on time roughly?

Advertisement
  2. prakhardeep

prakhardeep Active Member

Ahhh...it will be tough to state that...i didn't really noticed that...it could be somewhere around 1-1.5hr
  3. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

If you click on the Screen Time in Power then it'll tell you your screen on time.
  4. thicks56

thicks56 Well-Known Member

Mine is between 13 and 17 and thats with some quite heavy usage, some THD gaming quite alot of browsing, a few few texts and a qouple of calls. Im quite happy with that as i say im never far from a charger so its never really and issue

The only thing that is slightly worrying me at the moment is since my phone locked up a couple of weeks ago the battery seems to be getting alot hotter than it was before.
    From what i read on here its not getting stupidly high - the highest ive had it is around 45C whilst web browsing and its normal operating temp is within the 30-40 range,
    But when it does get in the mid 40's my charge starts to rocket down alot faster than it used to - it can go down about 20% in 5mins.

Is this unusal? Im more bothered that its only been doing it since the big crash a couple of weeks ago

Did i see someone post a link about a handheld charge storage device that could charge the phone a number of times whilst on the move?
  5. jimbobcook

jimbobcook Well-Known Member

I use this fine piece of equipment :)

TeckNet
  6. Paul_59

Paul_59 Active Member

This is good advice to speed up charging slightly, the only draw back, apart from the obvious of not receiving incoming phone calls is that any alarm you may have set will not work if your phone is completely switched off.
  7. hmujib

hmujib Member

Another app for saving battery life is Juice Defender. It does stuff like turn off data when your not using it. Helpful little app.
  8. bagman002

bagman002 New Member

That's not long at all.

I have the One XL and i average 12-15 hours. That being said if I use 4G my power will drain in say 6-8 hours. I must add that in the location I did this test was low coverage.

So 4G or not any phone will discharge faster in low coverage areas die to the phone working harder to ensure you get best performance on the network.

Hope this info helps
  9. Caro332

Caro332 Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Didn't want to start a new thread about battery when this one is already here...So I currently have the wildfire s and after about a year of use, I now need to charge it every day (Lasts about 24hrs if I use airplane mode at night with moderate to low usage).
    So I was thinking of maybe buying the One x as I love HTC but I know that the One x only has a 1800mAh battery whereas the Samsung Galaxy S3 is a bit higer (2100mAh). Since my husband has the Galaxy S3, I know that at the end of the day if it's used moderately, the battery would still be about 30-40% so I'm thinking the One x maybe would be around 15-30% at end of day??.

I'm ok with charging my phone every day since I got used to doing it with the WFS. But it would be a deal breaker if I need to charge it more than once a day. If I use airplane mode at night, would I need to charge more than once in a day?
  10. Netherdragon

Netherdragon Well-Known Member

if u only user your phone with moderate use then the one x will last a day easy. its standby time is impressive.

Mine get to about 20 - 30% left after a day with 2 hours ish of gaming/video streaming, light texting and calling and surfing the web.
    Caro332 likes this.
  11. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

wait so this isn't normal...? I assumed it was...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. Caro332

Caro332 Well-Known Member

How come the screen always eats up so much of the battery?
  13. GuitarG20

because it's huge and awesome haha :) but no really it's a great screen
  14. jimbobcook

Hey, I'm not getting much life out of my battery... The screen seems to be kicking my butt lol its on auto brightness.... Any ideas?

Attached Files:

15. GuitarG20

you're getting a lot better battery life than i am lol...try turning down the brightness and if you don't lock your phone after you're done, turn down the screen timeout time
  16. El Presidente

What's your screen on time?
  17. jimbobcook

For me, I dont know yet, forgot to take that screenshot...

I havent had any time to use the phone today so isn't a normal days usage i'll check tomorrow :)

cheers
  18. jimbobcook

Ok here's my phone after a pretty heavy use, texts, browsing and fb...

Any suggestions to getting anything back... Cheers

Attached Files:

19. perithimus

perithimus Member

I get about 8 hours before it hits 20-30%. But that's very heavy usage. Basically being on it most of the day. The screen though takes up 87% battery. Wow. If I moderately use the phone say just picking it up every now and then to text or email I can probably get a few days out of it. But I use it a lot so I find my self charging it at about 6-7 pm.
  20. kilasix9

kilasix9 Well-Known Member

I've been looking into getting a charging case for the device but its damn near impossible to get a good case here in the states.
  21. El Presidente

A lot of the cases I've seen only provide 0.5A so they won't actually charge the device whilst you're using it.

There was a good thread a while back which had a couple of decent charging cases in it, I'll find it so you can see if there are any there that are of any use.
  22. perithimus

perithimus Member

My phone has just made a liar out of me. My battery was drained 70 percent in 7 hours doing nothing. It's never done that before. This bothers me.
  23. jimbobcook

It's just keeping you on your toes!

Mine does something similar, I obviously do not have the greater battery as I havent seen my phone last more than a day... 4 months on lol
  24. GuitarG20

i send/receive about 20,000 a month...