• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I tried something. I was hesitant at first because I had no idea how detrimental to performance it would be and I need full power.

I turned on Power Saving mode. Not Ultra, just regular Power Saving.

And you know what? It's astonishing. I find no change in performance or operability, but it literally sips battery now. I took my Note 4 off the charger yesterday at about 6 AM, and ran it all day long: surfing, apps, pushed notifications, texts, calls... you name it. At 9 PM last night it went back on the charger, still at 73%. I don't know how it does it.

So if you're concerned about battery life, switch on Power Saving mode. Your mileage may vary, of course, but it's a no-brainer for me.

:)

Reactions: EarlyMon and KOLIO
Upvote 0
I tried something. I was hesitant at first because I had no idea how detrimental to performance it would be and I need full power.

I turned on Power Saving mode. Not Ultra, just regular Power Saving.

And you know what? It's astonishing. I find no change in performance or operability, but it literally sips battery now. I took my Note 4 off the charger yesterday at about 6 AM, and ran it all day long: surfing, apps, pushed notifications, texts, calls... you name it. At 9 PM last night it went back on the charger, still at 73%. I don't know how it does it.

So if you're concerned about battery life, switch on Power Saving mode. Your mileage may vary, of course, but it's a no-brainer for me.

:)
I did the same and am also astonished. I wonder what the downside is to 'Power Saving.'

JM

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I need some help to determine if my battery is defective or not. I charge my phone 100% overnight, when I wake up I unplugged it and use it for mainly whatsapp, some browsing with chrome beta, no music playing, some calls and a little gaming, location and nfc off, power saving mode on, screen brightness is on auto.

Now that all that is covered, after 4 hours of use 52% is gone. I want to believe I'm a very hard user but I've heard some folks saying it last the whole day for them.

Should I take it back? Please help guys!!!!

Attachments

• 1424721612474.jpg
    1424721612474.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 1424721628142.jpg
    1424721628142.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 53
Upvote 0
Of course it says 20 hours on battery. After 20 hours on battery with your usage it's only 50%? I don't know. I think your battery is fine. Sorry I didn't see the pictures at first clearly.

No, I don't know why is showing 20, there's no way this phone will last 20 hours on battery. It was plugged right before taking the screenshot. I'm note sure if it's normal. My brother streams Pandora all day long without a problem and mine it losses more than half in just four hours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones