• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Percentage Fluctuations - HTC Butterfly

shrutiprak

Lurker
Jan 17, 2015
Hi,

I am from India, and I own a HTC Butterfly X920D. Recently, I have started facing a problem - of battery percentage level fluctuating randomly and phone shutting down without warning. For example, I put my phone on charge today, and the battery indicator didn't move beyond 50%, but after some time it indicated 100% directly.
Secondly, there are times when the battery indicator shows 30% or 40% level but would abruptly switch off. And when I would put it back on charge, it will start from 0% (effectively meaning that that battery was already dead even when the percentage bar was showing 30% or 40%).
Thirdly, suppose my phone is showing 80% right now, if I will shut it off an restart it, the battery percentage level would drop by around 20-30% and show 55-60% or something similar.
I have already got battery replaced, but the problem persists. Also, I have done factory reset many times, it works fine for just a day or so and then I start facing the same problem.
Can someone please guide how to resolve these issues?
Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones