• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Problems

edosullivan

Lurker
Aug 17, 2012
Recently my Galaxy S2 (i9100) has been shutting off if it gets a small knock on the back. I've been testing it out and whenever you knock the back of the phone case where the battery terminals meet the gold pins it shuts off. A firm tap would usually do it.
When you turn the phone back off and check the battery app, it shows that in-between the time that the phone shuts off and then reboots, the battery level has dropped by about 30%.
The battery seems to act normally the rest of the time as long as it dosen't get a knock.
I wondered if this was caused by the battery swelling (there is no physical swelling on the battery that I can make out), or is there something wrong with the gold pins on the phone itself?
The phone is relatively new, around 4 months old, and there hasn't been any other problems.
I recently got a new case, could that be causing overheating?
I have no idea what's going on so any help would be appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones