• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Usage and Errors

welshsteve

Jul 11, 2011
Just recently my battery has started draining more than usual. I'm not doing anything different, and I have also removed a load of apps that I no longer use.

I never have my wi-fi on unless I need it, and my screen brightness is always at the lowest setting, but when I check battery usage in settings, "Display" is usually between 41-45%, which for me seems a bit high. Dialer is at 29%, Phone Idle 11%

I've also been getting the odd crash recently, and sometimes the phone randomly restarts itself. I also get an instant error in the mail program if I try and move an email to another folder, and mail program just crashes. Roll on June when I can get a new phone!!!

My phone froze and died about a fortnight ago and so I had to take it back to the retailer from whom I'd bought it - O2. Fortunately it had a 2 year warranty and so it was sent back to ANOVO for repair. I got it back just seven days later and it had been fitted with a new motherboard, new software i.e. 2.3.5 and HTC Sense 3.0.
I have now got the phone set up as I had it prior to its failure but now I notice that HTC's own battery widget, to which I have a shortcut on my homepage doesn't seem to update properly even if one refreshes it.
I also have downloaded, as before, Battery Solo Widget (free vers) from the Android Market and this seems better although it doesn't tally exactly with the battery status which you can access from Settings>About Phone>> etc. The latter shows, say, 90% whereas the Battery Solo Widget will indicate 83%.

I also find the static Wallpapers are lighter than before and so a took a photo of complete dark or even blocked off the camera lens and have set this as static wallpaper.
I shall be interested to see how my Mugen extra life battery lasts with the new software update. I could, previously, with judicious use, sometime get 3 days between charges and hope that now this isn't any worse.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones