• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Usage

Quoted from a website
"If you want to know exactly what program is keeping your phone awake you can go to the battery history in android. To do this on my HTC Hero you can go to the phone and dial "*#*#4636#*#*" and after you press the last star it will automatically come up with a list of options. From that list select battery history, then click the top drop down bar that says "other usage," or at least that's what it starts at on mine, and select "partial wake usage." That should bring up a list of applications with bars across the screen. Anything with a bar more than barely visible is probably using more than it should be-try uninstalling it or changing some settings on it.

If you dial that on the phone and it doesn't do anything try going to the market and downloading "spare parts." that will give you the battery history option and then you can follow the directions above from there.

This process, while it might seem a little complicated, should save you a lot of time uninstalling apps, just guessing which application is using your up time, this way you'll know exactly which application(s) is(are) keeping your phone awake."

I did this, and looking through the list of apps Handcent SMS was halfway full, while as it says a bar should be barely visible. Could it be that Hancent is the problem with my battery not lasting long?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones