• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery use; Android OS / Android System

francismi

Lurker
Oct 25, 2010
Hi,

I have a big problem with my nexus one phone. The battery life of my phone is very bad (only 12 hours, with NO (app) USE! (only text messaging!))
I think the problem is that when I check "Battery Use", the "Android OS" is getting 70% (and more, up to 93%!) of my battery use...
What can I do? I've seen other topics with this problem, but there always is a special app that's the problem. I've reseted my phone several times, so no new apps installed, and I still have the problem...

But sometimes, "Android OS" isn't running in the Battery Use, only the "Android System"... But once Android OS has started, it climbs up to 70-80-90%...

Thanks!

Thing is, it's a %age of use, so if you are doing nothing with the phone, then the OS (which is always running, of course) will always have a high number.

Anyways, onto the more advanced stuff, dial *#*#4636#*#* and goto Battery history.

Have a look at the 'Running' % figure. It shouldn't be all that high (mine is currently at 12% for instance), if it is high, change the top drop down box from 'Other usage' to 'Partial wake usage' and see what's stopping the phone from sleeping.

Ps. The default setting in there is 'since last unplugged' so if it's just come off charge/usb you might want to pick one of the other options.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones