• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with "Finder" on Z Fold 4

sachertorte

Apr 16, 2018
Last night I started getting a problem with the "Finder" (built in app) on my Z Fold 4 Normally, when I would be on a Home Screen, I would swipe up, then my Apps (tray??) would show up with a search bar at the top for finding little used Apps. When I would key in something, the app or apps would show at the top. When I would make the keyboard disappear, I could swipe up to make all of the search suggestions disappear. Now, since last night, this stopped working. Everything remains no matter How I swipe up. It is really frustrating. I will try including a screen shot of the page when I can't swipe up.

So far, I have tried this:
1) Delete cache in Finder App
2) Delete data in Finder App
3) Change most of the settings in Finder App, then change them back to what they were.
4) Delete my Cache Partition.

Nothing got it working like it used to work. The only thing I have not really tried is looking for a broad phone setting that may not be part of the Finder app. Any idea how to fix it to get back what used to happen? Could something global with Android have changed to cause this?

Thanks,

Danny
Screenshot_20240125_204436_Finder.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240125_085532_Finder.jpg
    Screenshot_20240125_085532_Finder.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Evidently, I was stupid . I pulled out an Android Tablet that I had not used in a long time and it operated the same way that my Z Fold 4 now does, so it is now not a problem.

Danny
i do not get it.....so what was your fix?

i hate OneUI. i use the Nova Launcher which controls not only the home screen but also the app drawer as well.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
i do not get it.....so what was your fix?

i hate OneUI. i use the Nova Launcher which controls not only the home screen but also the app drawer as well.
I did nothing. Based on looking at the Android Tablet I had, which has not been turned on for a month till after I posted this, finding that it operated with no swipe up and remove feature, I concluded that my memory of function on my Z Fold 4 was wrong. However, just for shits and giggles, soon I will test a new and current folder at Best Buy.

Danny

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones