• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Z Fold 3 and Google issue

sachertorte

Apr 16, 2018
So, I got tired of my Note 8 getting really slow, so I went out and got a Z Fold 3 on Monday. Mostly all is going well. I noticed one issue I can't solve. On my Note 8, when logged into my Google account and on the Google search page, I get some current events type stuff below the search box. Is it correctly called "feed"?

On the new Z Fold 3, I don't get that. I basically get a page with the Google banner and the search box below, but the rest of the page below is blank. How do I get that content to show up on my new Z Fold 3? Oh, and I am also logged into my account while on the Z Fold 3.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny, the Google feed has moved to the left of your leftmost home screen. If you can't swipe that far left, enable it in Settings -- Home screen -- Add media page to home screen and choose Google Discover.
Hi,
Thanks. I found that. This begs a secondary question. Since the Google feed is found there on the Z Fold, does that mean that the Z Fold Google search page will be blank white under the Google banner and the search box where you input a search text, unlike on my Note 8, or will the feed be found in both places?

Thanks,

Danny

Upvote 0
I just opened the Google app and... there's stuff

:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220824_182951_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220824_182951_Google.jpg
    835 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0
I don't know what the feed is actually called, Danny, as I rarely use Google for information

Hi,
That wasn't the actual question I was referring to. What I wanted to know is this:

"does that mean that the Z Fold Google search page will be blank white under the Google banner and the search box where you input a search text, unlike on my Note 8 (which shows the feed on the search page)?

Danny

Upvote 0
I suppose that would depend on the browser you use. I use Brave Browser, which is based on Chrome. I opened google.com and logged in - there is nothing under the search bar on the page. That may be because I just logged in, I don't know. If that didn't answer your question, then my brain farts have exceeded my capacity to understand your question. My brain farts are really good about that these days

:p

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
curious as to why you are asking this? do you want the feeds? i have the google app on my z fold 3....this is where the feed is at on my phone. but i do not use One UI. my preferred launcher is Nova which i have been using since the inception of the Android OS. it is way better IMHO than One UI.....but that is me. Nova is soooooo customizable and works great on my Fold 3.

Upvote 0
curious as to why you are asking this? do you want the feeds? i have the google app on my z fold 3....this is where the feed is at on my phone. but i do not use One UI. my preferred launcher is Nova which i have been using since the inception of the Android OS. it is way better IMHO than One UI.....but that is me. Nova is soooooo customizable and works great on my Fold 3.

Hi,
You ask a good question:

"curious as to why you are asking this? do you want the feeds?"

Actually, the reason that I ask doesn't so much have to do with the feeds itself. The reason I ask is because on my previous devices, I have been blessed with pretty decent operation and I have, as all do, kind of a way that I like my phone setup. This setup idea has come from all experiences on my previous devices. When I am setting up a new device such as this Fold 3, I am more or less replicating a kind of "feel" from the previous device. When I see some different kind of operation on the new phone, I check, trying to find out if I made a setup mistake, or if the new device just handles these setup choices differently.

I do find some of the feed content interesting, and I suppose that if it were gone, I'd miss it, but there would probably be other ways to get similar content.

Danny

Upvote 0
I suppose that would depend on the browser you use. I use Brave Browser, which is based on Chrome. I opened google.com and logged in - there is nothing under the search bar on the page. That may be because I just logged in, I don't know. If that didn't answer your question, then my brain farts have exceeded my capacity to understand your question. My brain farts are really good about that these days

:p

Thanks,
I use Dolphin browser and it also seems to o be operating as you describe.

Danny

Upvote 0
Hi,
You ask a good question:

"curious as to why you are asking this? do you want the feeds?"

Actually, the reason that I ask doesn't so much have to do with the feeds itself. The reason I ask is because on my previous devices, I have been blessed with pretty decent operation and I have, as all do, kind of a way that I like my phone setup. This setup idea has come from all experiences on my previous devices. When I am setting up a new device such as this Fold 3, I am more or less replicating a kind of "feel" from the previous device. When I see some different kind of operation on the new phone, I check, trying to find out if I made a setup mistake, or if the new device just handles these setup choices differently.

I do find some of the feed content interesting, and I suppose that if it were gone, I'd miss it, but there would probably be other ways to get similar content.

Danny
ok i get that, but i really never use it. but if you launch the google app that is in your app drawer it will launch with feeds based off of your searches and interests. i never use it as i never use One UI like i mentioned. you can have Nova save your setup so that when you get a new phone, all of your nova settings and home screens will be restored. so this is what i would recommend. because One UI does not have this and when they add updates to it, the One UI update might change things up.....not with Nova.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher

and here is a one time payment "key" that will unlock so much customizations:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher.prime

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones