• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible website display issues?

sachertorte

Apr 16, 2018
Would anyone be willing to use or install and use Dolphin browser to see how a website displays? I am having some issues with the website banner (top of the page) not displaying some of the graphics. This is only on my Z Fold 3. On my Note 8, the website displays properly with Dolphin browser, and I can't explain it. I hope I don't have to do a return on this device. Right now, I can't upload a screenshot.

https://forums.thecmp.org/

Thanks for any help. I am really under the gun time-wise to figure out if I am having problems. If someone else gets the same broken/non-displaying graphics on Dolphin, I might consider it just an unfortunate glitch and nothing more.

Thanks,

Danny

Last edited:
just downloaded and installed dolphin and this is what it looks like:
Screenshot_20220829-121122_Dolphin.jpg

looks fine to me on my z fold 3.

Reactions: mikedt and Dannydet
Upvote 0
try wiping cache and data first on Dolphin and then uninstall it and re-install the browser.

I am having some other sites that I regularly go to that is missing search functions that I know are there. No matter which browser I install on this phone, it won't appear, but will on my old Note 3. I think this is going back. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Dolphin with no chance. I also have cleared the cache many times which changes nothing. I can't see an option to wipe data on Dolphin.

Thanks. This is being a big help so far,
Danny

Upvote 0
try wiping cache and data first on Dolphin and then uninstall it and re-install the browser.
I am missing the whole bar of graphics at the top with "CMP" on the left and "Sales" on the right. I get "redirect errors" when logging in, though it does log me in. You just have to do something like backup, then reload. This only happens on this site when I use Dolphin I am also missing a search function on another of my websites, but that remains a problem with every browser I have tried.

I never had any of these issues on my Note 8 with Dolphin, nor any other browser.

I just got a Z Fold 4, did a basic setup, and the problems persist.

Right now, my Note is running on WiFi and still works perfectly in these two instances.

What carrier are you on? I am on AT&T.

I am assuming that you downloaded Dolphin and used it as is with no changes?

Right now I am frustrated and do not know what could be going on.

Thank you for your help,

Danny

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am missing the whole bar of graphics at the top with "CMP" on the left and "Sales" on the right. I get "redirect errors" when logging in, though it does log me in. You just have to do something like backup, then reload. This only happens on this site when I use Dolphin I am also missing a search function on another of my websites, but that remains a problem with every browser I have tried.

I never had any of these issues on my Note 8 with Dolphin, nor any other browser.

I just got a Z Fold 4, did a basic setup, and the problems persist.

Right now, my Note is running on WiFi and still works perfectly in these two instances.

What carrier are you on? I am on AT&T.

I am assuming that you downloaded Dolphin and used it as is with no changes?

Right now I am frustrated and do not know what could be going on.

Thank you for your help,

Danny
correct. just download it and launched adding the website in question and had no problems. i never use dolphin and have long since uninstalled it. i'm a chrome guy and never really used other browsers. like others have suggested maybe try a different browser and not use dolphin.

Reactions: Dannydet and mikedt
Upvote 0
Guys,
Thanks A LOT for the help. I never heard the issues with Dolphin before.... It's on the play store, so I used it. You know, I used it because I REALLY like the way it works, as far as how it looks, and is organized. I have to admit that I will miss that and will have a difficult time finding one I like. I am going to cease using it. As far as why people continue to use it, I imagine that it is because it is really well organized and people like that, as I mention above, and that they also don't know of any issues with it.

Danny

Upvote 0
Looks like the problem is Dolphin. FWIW I never usually use Dolphin myself, mainly because I don't want the Chinese govt knowing everything I've browsing.

Dolphin - BROKEN :thumbsdowndroid:
View attachment 163724

Firefox - NOT BROKEN :thumbsupdroid:
View attachment 163723

This was on a Galaxy Note20 Ultra.

I've now removed Dolphin from my phone.

Hi,
What you are showing when you viewed the webpage in Dolphin is exactly how I was seeing it on the Folds.

Thanks,

Danny

Upvote 0
I have been able to solve most of my website problems. I did it on a Z Fold 4, which I have now, but as I had the same problems on the 3 I initially had, I would bet it applies to both the 3 and 4. I solved the website problem shown above by starting to use Opera. Dolphin browser did work properly for the above on my Note 8. This, however, did not completely resolve the problem. Going to Opera did allow proper banner display on the website above, but when I logged in on any browser on the 3 and 4 (not an issue on my Note 8), I got, and still get an error of something like "invalid redirect url". If I hit the back button, then refresh, it goes to the normal logged in window with full banner graphics.

Problem two was an issue with one of my usual websites. No browser as installed would show the graphics completely. Missing was a "Filter" graphics and function after I would click on the search button. For some reason, I was playing around with the Opera settings for Phone/ Tablet/Desktop View. Opera was originally set for "Phone" and maybe desktop. When I set the browser for "Tablet" and unchecked "Desktop View", the website worked perfectly. If you find www display issues on the Fold 3/4, these setting might be worth playing with.

Danny

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones