Battery Widget Paranoia!!! I'm FREE!!General

Last Updated:

1. Mskgreenel

Mskgreenel Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'd like to thank everyone that gave me great advice yesterday regarding my battery issue!!!!
    I loved my battery life widget...She was 'acturate' pretty, had an different color to match a wallpaper change...We go way back since I had my Eris... I was told to let her go..... Well I removed her from my home screen and I realized two things...

1.-That my precious cute widget does drain the battery..I'm wasting juice to look at a pretty battery widget.

2.- I was OBSESSED with the numbers on that damn widget..... It makes your battery life more noticeable (duh, that's it's job), but I realized I was OCD about it. Omg it's down to 98%, 80%, 75%..... Oh no it's at 50%..... With that damn widget I was acting like 50% was 30%....

I unplugged my phone today at 11am I had moderate/heavy usage and I have about 50%-ish battery power left.

I'm calmer now without that damn widget and the "%" staring me in the face.

I actually just checked the Battery Status - there are 10 bars.... I have 6 left.... That's great!!!

Maybe I'm not the only one with battery widget obsession... I wanted to put my problem out there and hope I can help another parinoid battery widget person.

Up Time - 29:05
    Awake Time- 16:05

:D I feel so much better now. I think I'm gonna go have a drink... Gotta replace one bad habit with another.......:rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. gijoe411

gijoe411 Well-Known Member

Yes, thank you. Everyone here, especially the smartphone new guys, need to quit worrying about this. Your phone is basically doing everything your laptop can do, and then some, Facebook/weather/calendar sync/contacts sync/websurfing/games/maps/email & oh yea phone calls and texting. All this while running off battery for 14 hours straight. Now, that may not get you through an entire day, but pretty damn close, and enough for you to get home and charge. For me, thats pretty good.

That being said, im still getting the 1750, haha, I need a little more oomph, but still not complaining...

3. Mskgreenel

I still carry a lot of baggage from my BB Storm -> then craptastic Eris days...

@gijoe- I will be getting an extended battery. I'd love to use oomph it up a bit more.

4. dragonhead08

dragonhead08 Active Member

Im liking my seido but can't help thinking id love just a bit more juice from the Verizon one. I'll have to air a look onceit come out. For now though my battery obsession is ok. Bluetooth seems to be the largest battery hog.

5. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

LOL, Your a cutie and witty too! :cool:

6. Mskgreenel

7. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

yeah better most beat me to it...beautiful and a geek!
    wish i lived in atlanta! :(

:)

8. Mskgreenel

Awww @alies, there's enough of me to go around... Wait... That sounds kinda slutty... Y'all should come to ATL!! I wish I had more friends here with similar interests..

9. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

I decided to give that a try and WOW. I used my Inc heavily yesterday and went home from work with ~30% charge left. By by, widgets!

10. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

What battery widget were you using?

11. Outatime

BatteryTime Pro.

12. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

That's the same one I was using... I just uninstalled it :)

13. atlbuc

atlbuc Well-Known Member

I'm a little on the opposite, I like seeing the percentage to know exactly how much juice I got left, I hate looking at those lines or the battery icon and not really knowing. I use HTC's battery widget from the Market.

14. GAUG3

GAUG3 Well-Known Member

Did you use BatteryLife by Curvefish?

15. nyngbld

nyngbld Well-Known Member

lol, one of the best episodes!!!

16. Outatime

Yes, I had tried that one too. If they're adding extra CPU cycles and draining the battery faster, then screw'em.

I wish I could put the Settings > About Phone > Battery > Battery Level icon on the main screen WITHOUT causing an extra drain on the battery.

17. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Anyone using free 'Battery Widget by mippin.com' and finding this to drain battery life significantly?

18. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

I honestly don't think the battery widgets themselves use any extra power. When coding the battery widget app you make a call to a function that checks the level of the battery, the bar at the top of the screen in the notification section would use this as well. But once its loaded into memory it should be able to just pull that into any widget or app by using the function call (can't think of a better term atm, its early). The function probably updates itself every so often and that info is most likely stored in memory for whatever app or widget needs to call it.

19. ShiftLft

ShiftLft Well-Known Member

This is what I use. So far it has had no noticeable effect on my battery life, and it looks good and is free.

20. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Thank you! I have been saying this about battery widgets the entire time (Guess it just took a cute girl to say something to make people listen :p )

I had the exact same experience with my samsung omnia and swore them off ever since.