• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery

I was just looking yesterday actually and they are all the same physical size and range anywhere from 1100mAh to 1500mAh. The factory battery is 1440mAh. On the upside the batterys i found ranged between 10-25 bucks (including the oem samsung battery) as opposed to the 45 sprint is charging. The bad news is no high capacity the good news is they're fairly cheap.

Upvote 0
When I'm at work, I just keep my phone plugged into a USB cable connected to my computer. At home, I keep it plugged in if it's setting on the kitchen counter.

I use to try and get a full day out of my phone, until I did some reading on battery technology. The charger circuits and batteries in these phones are made to keep the batteries topped off without overcharging. Additionally, the batteries really aren't designed to "deep cycle" over and over again.

By keeping the phone plugged in when I can... I think I'll get a little more life out of the battery pack in general, and I don't need to worry about running out of juice mid-day.

-SF

Upvote 0
I tried one of those 1500mAh batteries not too long ago. Don't bother. The phone repeatedly pops up a message that it's not an approved battery, and asks you to put the approved battery in. It was only a few dollars, so that's not a hug deal, but it's annoying. Especially for a phone that gets such pathetic battery life. I've seen other people complain about this issue too, so I don't think it's just my phone or the battery that I got.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones