• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Battery...

I definitely can't complain at all about battery life on this phone. Last night when I plugged it in to charge at bedtime, I was still sitting at 71% after being on for 16 hours+. I have a live wallpaper running, brightness set to full, and wifi and bluetooth enabled. I did not use the phone much yesterday though, and that is the best battery life I've ever gotten with this phone in one day. Today I've made a few calls, checked my e-mail a few times, and opened some apps. Right now it's at 85% after being on for 4-1/2 hours. As long as I don't use Google Earth or Maps a lot this battery easily goes 16 hours+. This phone does better than even my old Moto Cliq XT did, and that phone did good on battery life.

Upvote 0
Why dont you try to swap your counterfeit battery with the t-mobile one and return product saying its defectiv.? You would get an original one for 4$ :D

They dont want me to send it back. I got the new one today from T-Mobile. Had 62% on it when i put it in and im just going to run it down, then charge it up when it is dead.

Incidently, the OEM i just got has the same S/N and date and the one that came with the phone.

Upvote 0
Why dont you try to swap your counterfeit battery with the t-mobile one and return product saying its defectiv.? You would get an original one for 4$ :D

Maybe because some people have morals and ethics. Also that sounds like fraud. Deep down inside you really feel it is okay to do something like that? Wow, people amaze me. Why not be honest, work hard in life, be ethical, and follow the golden rule. Then life will naturally reward your hard work.

You are a prime example of horrible parenting, your parents probably never set good examples for you. I pray you are a child that will gain wisdom soon, I can't imagine an adult saying that. Sadly the cycle will continue, you will probably trickle down your lack of ethics to your own children one day.

Upvote 0
OK, so after letting my NEW OEM battery i got from T-Mobile die twice and recharge, it has been on for 9.5 hours today and i still have 57% left on it. That is an improvement over the original that came with the phone. Id be anywhere from 25% to 30% at this time.

Ive had 3G on all day and did everything as normal but maybe have been a little lighter on checking emails and reading in forums. If this is how it will be, ill be satisfied with this battery though it still isnt neae as goods as the guy who got 37 hours from his Hong Kong battery. Hopefully when i get my other HK battery, it will be as good as his but wont hold my breath.

Upvote 0
OK, so after letting my NEW OEM battery i got from T-Mobile die twice and recharge, it has been on for 9.5 hours today and i still have 57% left on it. That is an improvement over the original that came with the phone. Id be anywhere from 25% to 30% at this time.

Ive had 3G on all day and did everything as normal but maybe have been a little lighter on checking emails and reading in forums. If this is how it will be, ill be satisfied with this battery though it still isnt neae as goods as the guy who got 37 hours from his Hong Kong battery. Hopefully when i get my other HK battery, it will be as good as his but wont hold my breath.

Glad to hear you found some improvement anyway. Considering the horsepower we have "under the hood" and the gorgeous display onboard, we really can't complain too much about power consumption. With all these extra batteries floating around, car/USB chargers I don't think power will be too big an issue. :cool:

Upvote 0
After two days of testing i got 16.5 hours yesterday out of it and at 16 now w/ 5% left and thats having 3G on all day. So it is about 4 hours better than my other battery which is fine, i like that.
Sure it will be much better if i turn 3G off when i dont need it. Just dont like turning those things on and off. I leave my bluetooth on all the time too. Never turn it off. Only turn on GPS when i need it.

Upvote 0
After two days of testing i got 16.5 hours yesterday out of it and at 16 now w/ 5% left and thats having 3G on all day. So it is about 4 hours better than my other battery which is fine, i like that.
Sure it will be much better if i turn 3G off when i dont need it. Just dont like turning those things on and off. I leave my bluetooth on all the time too. Never turn it off. Only turn on GPS when i need it.

It sounds like you are in a weak 3G area. For those not yet familiar with this, it may be unnecessary to turn off 3G to save on battery. That depends entirely on whether or not your phone is having trouble acquiring a 3G signal.

If you have a solid 3G signal available then your device theoretically should use no more juice on 3G than 2G. It's the signal boosting process that the device uses trying to find 3G towers in fringe 3G areas that is the biggest "automatic" drain on battery life. So only in these cases does it makes sense to turn off 3G service in settings. There is no benefit if 3G is readily available.

Upvote 0
Done testing my other Hong Kong battery i got. Not much better than the first. 9.5 hours of use while the first one , my best was 8.5 and was worse than that before so yeah, these are cheap which is nice but they are just good backups if you need to brnig an extra with you for some reason. But for $3.27 for two of them, .....good deal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones