• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help BatteryTime issue?

The phone's been off its charger now for 5 or 6 hours and I've only dropped from 100% to 95% on idling

I'm nervous to install another battery monitor as I don't want to ruin my good fortune :p

If it ain't broke, as they say...

I'm assuming you don't have many apps that update on a regular basis or is that using timescape/twitter/facebook etc etc

Upvote 0
I'm assuming you don't have many apps that update on a regular basis or is that using timescape/twitter/facebook etc etc

I don't, no. I don't let things poll for data when I'm not using them, I just find it a useless feature for me personally (I know it is plenty useful for others) and that paranoid-streak I mentioned comes into play (I hate the thought of something using my data plan when I'm not looking -- hate hate hate. Damn you, obsessive-compulsive + anxiety disorder D: ).

I just don't feel the need to know the precise second I get an email or a message, but it also helps that I have unrestricted internet access at work, so during my work day I don't really need the phone to poll for email and social networking. Mostly I use the 3g on the train/commute, for GPS navigation, when I'm in the bedroom where there's no computer, or at hockey games and such..

I run the thing into the ground when I'm at my husband's hockey games though :D Not that the games are boring or anything ;) But when you spend 8 hour work days in front of a PC and then go home to the rest of the evening in front of a PC, you start to feel withdrawal when you go anywhere WITHOUT a PC :D

(I do have a netbook but the wifi at the rink sucks beyond measure.)

Upvote 0
I run the thing into the ground when I'm at my husband's hockey games though :D Not that the games are boring or anything ;)

Oh right - probably the way my football matches used to get at the Mrs

Unfortunately i'm opposite, i don't work in an environment where i have access to a PC and when i do its restricted (due to Data Protection and confidentiality) so need emails and updates pretty much "as it happens" (10 minutes for twitter updates - 30 for email) - yet still find that the battery is on about 60-70% when i'm done on a 10 hour day with all the apps running

guess ROSEREDS trial will be helpful for you

Upvote 0
The benefit of being up north?

Unless the issue you're having is related to t-mob/orange engineering in your area as they merge the 2 networks 3g capabilities together - which is something MrsWomble is bringing from her Carphone knowledge base

It will be interesting to see what happens next week when I am away and obviously in a different coverage area.

BTW Battery Widget is great... I have used my phone a bit today, tho not as much as normal cos I've been busy packing (did I mention that I'm going away;)) but only dropped to 85% just now from being unplugged at 9 this morning.

Upvote 0
My phone has been off the charger now for over 24 hours and with light gameplay/internet use I'm still sporting 69% battery life, so I decided not to mess with it, rofl. I'm going to throw it back on the charger shortly because I'll be out later and about and I want to make sure I have all my juice.

I know my husband is still using a battery indicator though so I'll make sure he tries the one suggested :)

Upvote 0
It will be interesting to see what happens next week when I am away and obviously in a different coverage area.

BTW Battery Widget is great... I have used my phone a bit today, tho not as much as normal cos I've been busy packing (did I mention that I'm going away;)) but only dropped to 85% just now from being unplugged at 9 this morning.

So is that you officially endorsing my recommendation then??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones