Last Updated:

1. smacky

smacky Banned This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

This is probably very similar to FRG22D. IE to close the security hole that easy root and universal androot uses. Nexus hasnt had any updates for awhile well before the droid even got FRG01B

4. smacky

You don't think it'll fix the battery issues any?

5. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Its not built for the Droid its built for the nexus so no I dont think it will. I dont see motorola doing a 3rd 2.2 update for the droid but who knows. Like I said this is probably very similar to what we already got in FRG22D but its for the nexus. I dont put much stock in different build numbers unless they are for the same phone.

6. smacky

Ah. I'm sure there will be a battery fix, but not necessarily in the form of a new 2.2 version. My mistake.

7. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

are your battery issues that bad? I can generally go 18-24 before I need a charge.

8. bjamerican

bjamerican Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Motorola issues a 3rd update that resolves the streaming audio quality issues in Slacker and Pandora. Until then, it looks like I'm sticking with Android 2.1.

9. smacky

Oh, I'm rooted. I'm fine. But those that are not rooted are complaining about this and that with 22D. I figured it was widespread enough that they'd fix it.

10. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

To ad to this - I am rooted, and never before have I had such dismal battery performance.

All of my batteries are sucking when it comes to WiFi, GPS and Sync enabled - but the problem is that, when running previous ROMs (BB 0.4, Smoked Glass 6) that were based on earlier builds of 2.2 I was getting the same 18-24 hours on a single charge....

Now, I have to judiciously manage my settings, disabling sync whenever I disable WiFi, and disabling GPS whenever I am at home, in order to get less than half of that (lasting me 6-9 hours now).

It's not just stock users with this problem....