• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beautiful/fancy widget problem

now i have a new problem...Yesterday, it kept reading that my location was United Kingdom...when i am in the States...i tried deleting and reapplying but nothing worked...

I then deleted the app entirely and tried to redownload it...the Fancy Widgets App i have now is different than what i had... i have attached a pic of my homescreen of what i thought was Fancy Widget ...can anyone confirm this?

I am pretty sure it was a brown box with a FW on it in the app drawer...HELP NEEDED!

Fancy Widget.jpg

Upvote 0
Is it just those widgets or do all widgets/apps think that you're in the wrong location?

Go into settings > applications > development and make sure mock locations are not enabled.

If not, go to settings > applications > manage applications > Beautiful Widgets > Clear data. That'll fully reset the app. See if it's still like that.

If you still can't get the right location, go into Beautiful Widgets settings > advanced settings > and click 'Force GPS'. This will use your GPS radio instead of using AGPS (cell phone towers / wifi routers) for location.

Upvote 0
Is it just those widgets or do all widgets/apps think that you're in the wrong location?

Go into settings > applications > development and make sure mock locations are not enabled.

If not, go to settings > applications > manage applications > Beautiful Widgets > Clear data. That'll fully reset the app. See if it's still like that.

If you still can't get the right location, go into Beautiful Widgets settings > advanced settings > and click 'Force GPS'. This will use your GPS radio instead of using AGPS (cell phone towers / wifi routers) for location.

no, it was just the fancy widget app i used to have...the problem is, i deleted fancy widgets and went to redownload it but its not the same as what i had in the past.... with the sun/moon on top etc....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones