• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Been sitting infront of the verizon store since 7:00

Employee 1 - "Is that a guy sitting in his car, eating a chicken sandwich at 8am?"
Employee 2 - "Holy crap, you're right!"
Employee 1 - "Probably here for the Incredible, huh?"
Employee 2 - "Yeah, I bet. Let's grab some balloons so he doesn't feel too pathetic when he bursts through the door, out of breath, with mayonnaise on his lip, barely able to muster out - I'm here..for..the..Incred..ible."
Employee 1 - "Good idea."

This is what i was thinking hahaha

Upvote 0
Went to line up at the local Hoboken VZW store at 8:30am for a 9:00am opening and was the only one there. Came back at 8:50am and there were two other people. Exchanged my 10 day old Moto Droid for an Incredible no problem.

Also, when I went to transfer contacts it seems that the machine can't transfer to the internal Incredible memory so the store gave everyone who bought the phone a free 2gb memory card :D

Upvote 0
Employee 1 - "Is that a guy sitting in his car, eating a chicken sandwich at 8am?"
Employee 2 - "Holy crap, you're right!"
Employee 1 - "Probably here for the Incredible, huh?"
Employee 2 - "Yeah, I bet. Let's grab some balloons so he doesn't feel too pathetic when he bursts through the door, out of breath, with mayonnaise on his lip, barely able to muster out - I'm here..for..the..Incred..ible."
Employee 1 - "Good idea."
Lmao. :p

Upvote 0
Just visited two best buys one actually didn't have any in stock I was confused because they had a preorder ad up wasn't it released today? So I go to another bestbuy they had them ..the lady told me to have a seat ... I said I wanted it at full retail they told me straight up that it was for preorders only and people with upgrades -_- they said that they dont have enough in stock and told me to come back next week..im not mad or anything but it still sucks lol

Upvote 0
I was in line for the Storm1 fiasco a year or so ago. I had gotten to the store at 5:30am and then stood out in the cold Chicago weather to get that stupid phone....Verizon only had 5 phones availabe and the 1 guy bought 2 right away....

So today I'm thinking how big is this Incredible launch gonna be? I don't wanna miss out and I"m hearing rumors that stores will only have 10. Plus the Verizon rep I talked to yesterday said there had been a lot of people coming in asking about it, plus he also said Verizon was surprised by the amount of people who had preordered the phone. So I leave for Verizon at 7:30 this morning and nobody's there. So I went and got donuts and coffee and came back at 8 and still nobody...8:30-still nobody...doors unlocked at 9am and only 2 of us there for an Incredible! I feel like a dork waiting that long in the parking lot...but when it's all said and done, I've got my Incredible now! :D

EDIT: I was told afterwards they had 40 in stock...BTW my first phone he brought out wouldn't work...

Upvote 0
So while i was in Verizon this morning getting my Incredible some guy thought it would be a good idea to back his f-350 into my ford focus, so i had to go outside and deal with the police and then i finally got my phone. Luckily the store manager was outside putting up Balloons because the guy that backed into me was going to drive away. But all is good now because i got my phone.

Upvote 0
So while i was in Verizon this morning getting my Incredible some guy thought it would be a good idea to back his f-350 into my ford focus, so i had to go outside and deal with the police and then i finally got my phone. Luckily the store manager was outside putting up Balloons because the guy that backed into me was going to drive away. But all is good now because i got my phone.

How dramatic before you get to use your phone!

Upvote 0
Just visited two best buys one actually didn't have any in stock I was confused because they had a preorder ad up wasn't it released today? So I go to another bestbuy they had them ..the lady told me to have a seat ... I said I wanted it at full retail they told me straight up that it was for preorders only and people with upgrades -_- they said that they dont have enough in stock and told me to come back next week..im not mad or anything but it still sucks lol

I read(somewhere) about Best Buy having the shipments delayed today.

Upvote 0
I read(somewhere) about Best Buy having the shipments delayed today.

Yeah but one to two weeks until i can buy it full price? why would they turn away 600 dollars? come on lol the first bestbuy i went to the girl was actually ready to sell it to me i said full retail and she said they didnt have any yet,,i just dont see why the other best buy people were being dicks about it

Upvote 0
Yeah but one to two weeks until i can buy it full price? why would they turn away 600 dollars? come on lol the first bestbuy i went to the girl was actually ready to sell it to me i said full retail and she said they didnt have any yet,,i just dont see why the other best buy people were being dicks about it

unfortunately your $600 pales in comparison to the money they get from verizon for signing up new contracts.....this is why they reserve them for new customers/ upgrades.....you are better off hitting up a corporate store in that case.

Upvote 0
unfortunately your $600 pales in comparison to the money they get from verizon for signing up new contracts.....this is why they reserve them for new customers/ upgrades.....you are better off hitting up a corporate store in that case.

Ohh no wonder they treated me like dog crap lol its alright though im not upset or anything just was curious about that thanks.. just a week wait by then hopefully they will have rooted the incredible
oh and btw i cant go to verizon cuz im not the primary account holder i share with my parents im only 19 i just saved up for this ..dont think mom and dad will approve of me blowing 600 bucks :-D lol

Upvote 0
I stopped in to the nearest Verizon corporate store at about 10:15 (they opened at 9). The guy I dealt with said that they had gotten 25 in stock. I asked him if anyone else had been in this morning looking for the DI, and he said: "Yeah, pretty much everyone who has come in this morning has come in just for the Incredible". By the time I left (around 11) he said they only had a couple left.

To answer a previous question in this thread, they DID NOT have the extended battery in stock - in fact, they were kinda light on accessories across the board. I wanted to see the black/red gradient hard case, but he said they had already sold out of those, and also the all-black hard case. All they had left were the glossy silicone ones, and the clear snap-on cases, so I got one of the black silicone. He said that even after using it I could return it within 30 days for a full refund if I decided I wanted a different case, so picking one up was a no-brainer.

I didn't want their screen protectors (although he tried pushing them), so I had them leave the temporary protector on there for the time being.

They are throwing in a 2GB class 2 MicroSD card, or if you want they'll let you "trade up" to a bigger card (4, 8, or 16GB) and pay the difference (their price on the 2GB card is $19.99, so that's the amount of a credit you get toward a bigger card if you opt to trade-up). Problem is that they only have class 2 cards, so I just took the 2GB freebie to tide me over until I buy a larger class 6 card.

My rebate was instant since ours is a business account, and I also had a $100 equipment credit as part of our NE2, so it cost me $99 + tax. With the silicone case and tax, total out the door was $126.

The phone is sweet (but of course, everyone already knows that).

I can't stop smiling like an idiot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones