• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Beesley's new build.prop for GB

# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=shadow_vzw

lines 28 and 29 in the build.prop file.... Im no expert but this doesn't seem correct, someone care to enlighten me??

that is unchanged from the build.prop file that was already on there

heres the list of changes I found
windowsmgr max events changed from 55 to 60
wifi scan changed from 45 to 180
dalvik heapsize changed from 32 to 48
proximity sensor delay changed from 450 to 150
button light timeout changed from 1 to 0
ring delay changed from 3000 to 1000

Upvote 0
but what is this for? can someone explain please for people that haven't used this before...

Its a system file that you can tweak some values in to fix your market(if apps arent showing up), speed up your call ring time, save battery, allow for faster list scrolling, change your display density,alter wifi scan time, etc etc.

Beesley went through and added some comments in it and tweaked some of the common values for you so you can replace the stock build..prop file located in /system/build.prop .

just copy it to your SD card and past in /system ( if you use rootexplorer it will prompt you to create a backup of the original file or you can do it manually by renaming it to a .bak) after its copied over just reboot and your good to go

Reactions: bbuck002
Upvote 0
Does this fix the market as well. I already have jrummy's build.prop installed and it wants to overwrite it.... In RE

I cant confirm this, but it should be fine. Just change jrummy's to a .bak and try the new one, if the market is not working correctly you can just revert back to jrummy's. I forget the specific line in the build.prop that deals with the market issue, someone else can chime in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones